Instagram is currently one of the best ways to show your authority in your niche. Generally speaking, when a visitor comes to your site, one of the things they check when considering buying something on your site is the number of social media followers you have – more often they check your Instagram followers and your Facebook Page likes. If you have a decent amount of followers, that signals to your new visitors that you are a credible company and other people are trusting you.
Here are the exact free methods that I use to increase the Instagram followers in my shop’s account:
1. Create a shop Instagram account BUT don’t your products in your posts first! Give your audience a reason to follow you – have a purpose. Why should they follow you? Let them know that through your Instagram name and description. Don’t sell to them right away – build up your followers first!
2. Don’t post anything about your products on your feed – create posts that your audience can relate to. If your shop is in the food niche, post food pics or even better – short videos. If you’re site is about cats – post cat memes or quotes. To start, create at least 20 posts before you do the next step.
3. Follow another account related to your niche. Then click on that accounts followers, and follow the first 20 account. Then go to another account related to your niche, and follow the first 20 accounts following them. The reason is that the first 20 are the most recently active in the followers list – the further down you go, potentially the lesser active they are and lesser chance they will follow back.
4. Repeat this process within the day BUT be careful not to do it so fast – Instagram will ban your account for abuse. I have tried adding at least 100 per day consistently within the day doing this method and have not received a ban yet.
5. After 12 hours, post at least 10 items again on your account so you have fresh content. Then do the same process from Step 3-5.
Remember : you need to post content that your audience will relate to so you can get engagements.
If your followers have reached past 2,000, you can now start testing out posting your products. When posting products on your account, keep it live for only at least 24 hours. This is to keep the integrity of your account and not to turn off new followers. You don’t want to show your ads to possible followers.
It’s a pretty simple process and it’s also free. I encourage this method of growing your Instagram followers because it is free for those who are just starting, and also you are actually growing a following that is actually within your niche. You just need to be consistent with your efforts – daily posts, daily follows, daily updates – that’s what your followers want to see on their feeds.
Let me know what is your current strategy in growing your Instagram followers for free. Like & Share this content if you think this is helpful, and until the next blog post!